This session is devoted to becoming familiar with the basic tools of acupuncture: needles and moxa. Liberal time is dedicated to hands-on practice.
- Needling Technique: Types of needles, methods of tonification or dispersion, clean needle technique, indications and contraindications with supervised hands-on practice
- Moxibustion Technique: Types of moxa, techniques of moxa treatment, indications and contraindications with supervised hands-on practice
- Adjunctive Techniques: Acupressure, Electro acupuncture, needle-less techniques, herbal remedies
- Handling Special Situations: Preventing and addressing acupuncture mishaps, cautions and contraindications
- Point Location
- 12 Principal Channels: location, palpation, treatment technique for major points of all 12 Principal channels
- Ren Mai, Du Mai: Curious Vessels which have their own points
- Curious Points: Specific non-channel points with unique clinical applications
- Auricular Points: Ear points with many clinical uses
This course is 14 clock hours/CEU credits.